How to prevent new installations when I have already installed my client through LAN boot?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:33:44 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Michał Dwużnik <michal.dwuznik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> why do you need that?
> A well configured installation (ssh) runs fai-chboot on its own...

because I do not want to have to create an entry for every client, obviously.

We have a pxe boot menu that bootloads lots of installers (even
windows), and having to run fai-chboot for every device is an
administrative nightmare.

Obviously, we only allow to run boot installations from a specific
vlan and switch port, so no client gets installed by accident.

--
natxo