How to prevent new installations when I have already installed my client through LAN boot?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 07:38:03 CET 2012

What I do is create a pxe boot menu and set the hd as 1st boot device. That
way you need to confirm the installation
On Feb 5, 2012 11:41 PM, "Ivan Reche" <ivan.reche at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using FAI to automatically install Debian Squeeze in a laptop of
mine. I've been able to do everything that I wanted by reading the
documentation, except for one thing: every time the installation finishes
(and the system reboots automatically, as I ask it to), the recently
installed client boots again through the LAN (as expected) but begins the
installation process again (something that I want to avoid).

> Is there an automatic way to make the client prevent itself from
reinstalling after the first install? I want it to install itself again
only if needed using the fai-chboot program, but not every time.