converting a minimal Debian installation with FAI

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Sat Dec 8 10:41:06 CET 2012

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 10:22:41AM +0100, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> Am 05.12.2012 23:02, schrieb Andreas B. Mundt:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I've figured out a way to convert an existing minimal Debian
> >installation with FAI.
> >
> >[1]<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap>
> Is this correct that this work with wheeze and fai 4?

So far, I tested it only with a squeeze installation and the
corresponding config space.  However, the changes in the config space
have been commited to debian-lan wheezy as well (just minor
modifications where needed, cf. [1']).

> I will give fai 4 a try that may be a good start.
> Also for developing a softupdate compatible config space?

It would be great if you could test wheezy, please report back how it
works there.  The changes needed for a "softupdate compatible config
space" are mostly replacing actions only done if FAI_ACTION=install by
a test that checks if the action has been done before or not.

Best regards,

     Andi

[1'] <URL:http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/debian-lan.git;a=commitdiff;h=8d1dd7dc2374d91856ee7abbe50c1735e071368b>