"virtual" option in setup-storage's documentation is ambiguous

Alfie John alfie at h4c.kr
Tue Aug 28 15:14:07 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find a bug in one of my setups. It ended up being a
bogus "virtual" option in disk_config line.

The documentation says:

	| virtual
	/* do not assume the disk to be a physical device, use with xen *

Since it said "do not assume", I just thought it would be safe to leave
this in here. However, using this left me with a broken install stopping
after the mkswap().

Looking at the logs (format.log), it looked like the mkfs died too.
After more poking I found that the partitions weren't even being setup.

I removed the "virtual" option, and everything seemed happy again.

As for the bug, can the documentation be changed to:

  | virtual
	/* the device is not a physical disk, use with virtual machine hosts */

Alfie

--
Alfie John
http://h4c.kr