FAI 4.0.3 for Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:05:04 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Thilo Uttendorfer
<t.uttendorfer at linux-ag.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I uploaded the current FAI version 4.0.3 to the FAI testing PPA on launchpad:
> https://launchpad.net/~fai/+archive/testing
>
> The packages are not very well tested, but anyway, It's a start. Any feedback
> is appreciated.

Did you use dracut or initramfs-tools/live-boot for the nfsroot?

I've just had a brief look at the sources of fai 4 and dracut, and to
my reading, it seems that this combination works only with aufs, which
has been removed from quantal. I see that you have uploaded to precise
only, which still has aufs so there is no problem. However, I'm
looking at fai in quantal, which requires the use of ovlerayfs
instead.

--
regards,
    Reinhard