wheezy fai sysinfo reboots without reboot flag

Steffen Grunewald Steffen.Grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Aug 14 16:31:44 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 02:11:30PM +0200, Mathieu Alorent wrote:
> Le 13/08/2012 21:33, Thomas Neumann a écrit :
> >On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:14:19 -0500
> >Brian Kroth<bpkroth at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >>Hi all, I'm testing fai+wheezy (4.0.3) and have a client setup to pxeboot to a
> >>sysinfo without the reboot flag[...]
> >Check the list for an earlier message of mine. I've run into the same problem.
> >
> >If no error occurs, then fai _will_ reboot the system. You can tell fai to halt instead, but you can't simply make it stop and do nothing. Reboot or Halt.
> >
> >Solution:
> >a) provoke an error somewhere during execution
> >b) use my attached patch to force a non-reboot
> >
> >bye
> >thomas
> I got the same problem, I added a new flag "noreboot" in subroutines...
>
> https://github.com/kumy/fai/commit/ef3d68991c69b09343b110c8d8e857501b588f28

So this creates a kind of ternary logic: reboot, noreboot, and something
in between. Which confuses me.
I'm still trying to understand why the reboot logic was changed since fai 3.x
- which just slept for a while if there was an error (or something that looked
like one), and after that did as told (reboot if flag "reboot" was set, or
sit there if not).
It shouldn't have been too hard to integrate the new "halt" flag into this,
so I suppose there was a reason to "deliberately break" the old behaviour...

Steffen