Subject: Wheezy nfsroot / FAI 4.0.3

Steffen Grunewald Steffen.Grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Aug 7 19:04:16 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 07:51:01AM +0200, Bjarne Bertilsson wrote:

> live-boot3.0(~a35-1) is broken on wheezy. If you run ipconfig in the
> initramfs shell the network will properly come up. There is
> a bug report on this somewhere but weren't able to find it just now
> with a quick search. I fixed it temporarily by pinning an earlier
> version of the package from snapshot.debian.org.

I'm trying the two patches mentioned in bug #683240 now - as long as there's
no proper documentation for the live-boot -> dracut transition, I prefer to
stay on known terrain.

Unfortunately, this involved patching the existing live-boot package (a38),
rebuilding the debs, and re-running the nfsroot build - which will not
finish in time before I have to leave. But I'm optimistic.

Steffen