CentOS and Scientific Linux Cern installations with FAI

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:35:16 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Thomas Lange
<lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> I'm very happy to announce, that FAI now can install and configure CentOS
> and Scientific Linux Cern (SLC). You can use a Debian FAI server for
> installing CentOS version 5 and 6 or SLC 5 and 6.

a bit late reply, but I am interested in this.

[knip]
> Below is a short description how to install CentOS or SLC via network
> from your FAI server.

> How to install CentOS or Scientific Linux Cern using FAI 3.4.8
>
> - install FAI 3.4.8 on your Debian install server (squeeze)

done.

> - create the nfsroot as usual

done, the nfsroot is in /srv/fai/nfsroot.squeeze/ in my case.

> - get the config space examples from FAI 4.x
>  http://fai-project.org/download/misc/fai4-config.tar.gz
>  (or svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/fai/trunk/examples/simple config)

done, should I replace my files in /srv/fai/config.squeeze with those?

> - get the basefile for CentOS/SLC version 5 or 6 for your architecture
>  at http://fai-project.org/download/basefiles/ and put it into
>  <your-config-space>/basefiles

ok, this is where you lost me. Where is <your-config-space>/basefiles
? /srv/fai/config.squeeze/ ?

TIA,

--
groet,