FAI on Ubuntu 11.04

ERBLINA SEZAIRI erblinasezairi at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 12:59:32 CEST 2011

Actually the conclusion that it works well on Ubuntu
was a bit early. After several more tests it turns out
that there are some other problems as well.

For example we have modified 'package_config/DEMO'
to install edubuntu packages, like this:
----
PACKAGES aptitude
edubuntu-artwork
edubuntu-desktop
edubuntu-docs
edubuntu-menueditor
edubuntu-wallpapers
plymouth-theme-edubuntu
edubuntu-fonts
-----
However it fails to install them.

Also, the GRUB menu is not installed properly.

For the configuration files we are based on the
example provided on the Ubuntu package.
The configuration files and the installation logs
are attached.

It would have been good if the example configuration
files provided on the Ubuntu package worked out
of the box at least for some simple cases of
installing Ubuntu.

Another difficulty that we noticed on Edubuntu
is that the DHCPD configuration file is on
/etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf, and this is not immediately
obvious.

If you could suggest some better example config
files for Ubuntu, we would appreciate it.

Best regards!