FAI on ubuntu/natty

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Tue Mar 22 17:45:06 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 16:27:22 (CET), Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> I've managed to install ubuntu/natty with FAI. Similar like for
> maverick, live-initramfs was problematic: it has been replaced by
> live-boot. Unfortunately, live-boot is currently unusable in natty:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/live-boot/+bug/724452
>
> As a workaround, I've uploaded the old  live-initramfs from lucid to the
> FAI PPA, which seems to work at least for me.

It seems that live-boot is now "fixed", that is, it at least doesn't
break the distro fai package any longer. For this reason, I've just
deleted the 'live-initramfs' package from the FAI PPA; in fact, it has
caused problems for nfsroot creation.

I have a copy of live-initramfs_2.0.14-1%2Breally1.173.1-1ubuntu1.dsc in
case someone still needs it.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4