proposed patch for make-fai-nfsroot

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Mar 18 01:12:13 CET 2011

> Does this look closer to what you're looking for Michael?
>
> for f in `find $cfdir -iname *.asc | sed 's!.*/!!'`; do
> 	cp -Lp $cfdir/$f $NFSROOT/etc/apt/$f
> 	$ROOTCMD apt-key add /etc/apt/$f
> done;
>
> If so I'll create the patch and post it.

[...]

That sounds good, but I'd still have a few comments which I believe could even
improve the code:

- I think find $cfdir -type f -iname *.asc (or maybe even just -name) would be
  safer; well, wouldn't even ls $cfdir/package_config/*.asc do the trick? To be
  honest, I don't know what the best place for keeping those files would be.
  Hmm, no, your code seems to assume that those files are in $cfdir directly,
  otherwise the sed command would break it!? I'm slightly confused.

- Maybe the most important change would therefore be a comment about the
  location of those files *and* documentation in the man page.

- Why copy the file? AFAIK there is no need to store it,
  "cat $cfdir/$f | $ROOTCMD apt-key add -" should do as well.

Hope this helps,