New issues with setup storage - disc too small

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Mar 16 02:54:17 CET 2011

> My apologies.  This truly is the format.log from the last attempt. I don't see a return from the new print line, but you'll see the initialized value errors.
[...]

Ah, ok, that issue about uninitialized variables is fixed locally, but that
won't solve your main problem.

Although that system might be completely corrupted
now, could you send the output of

mdadm --examine --scan --verbose -c partitions

in the current system? It seems that /dev/sdb5 is part of some device, either a
RAID array or an LVM volume if you have such a thing running as well. But the
original call of mdadm --examine didn't show that, maybe things changed after
the mdadm-startall. Yet this doesn't give a good reason why it doesn't work as
at least the arrays md0-md6 have been shut down - are there any other arrays
running? What does cat /proc/mdstat tell?

Thanks a lot,