mount: /target/media/mirror is busy

Jurrie Overgoor jurrie at stillus.nl
Tue Mar 15 21:58:00 CET 2011

On 03/15/2011 08:54 PM, Jurrie Overgoor wrote:
> I'm running FAI 3.4.7 to install a virtual machine from an .iso. I
> specified 'reboot' in FAI_FLAGS, but when the system is ready to
> reboot, I get an error:
>
> mount: /target/media/mirror is busy
>
> FAI then waits for an enter to reboot... I really need FAI to reboot
> on its own; how to do this?
>
> I've disabled all scripts and all tests (by renaming the directories),
> so I'm positive it's not a bug in one of the scripts... What would
> cause FAI to keep the mount busy? Maybe this is a known bug?

I found out what's causing this issue. It's by design :)

FAI detects it's running from cd, so it ejects the cd from the cd-rom
player, and waits for user input. However, I'm running from a
recoverydisk partition (copied the iso to it on first install), and want
it to reboot automatically. So, I made a new script, which does:

rm /etc/RUNNING_FROM_FAICD

FAI will not detect it's running from cd anymore, and reboot itself.

...Now the question is: is this safe? Or is RUNNING_FROM_FAICD used for
other stuff? I know that when it's not there during the install, FAI
will not mount the cd and try to run from nfs. But deleting the file at
the end of the install seems to circumvent this.

With kind regards,

Jurrie