disk_config configuration

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Jun 24 17:40:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Is it possible to run a script to configure my disk during the
> installation through fai.
> As i have two types of laptops having 300GB and 500 GB, so instead
> of creating two different class
> for their disk configuration is it possible that i can write a
> script in disk_config through which it can be detected
> if 300 gb then this installation else............. .

I'm seriously wondering why you have to fix those sizes of the partitions!?
Couldn't you just let setup-storage use the maximum available capacity? This
would simplify your configuration file and you wouldn't need this extra script
at all!?

> Iam attaching the script which i tried but disk_config
> (setup-storage) only expects vg ,raid or lvm.
> Kindly suggest me something, as i have rollout of 500laptops soon.

I'll try to have your config files syntax checked later on. Couldn't spot an
obvious error, but maybe there's something your 3.4.2 doesn't yet support.

Best,