disk_config lvm

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sun Jan 30 20:28:34 CET 2011

Hi Birgit,

> Hi,
> a previous lenny installation with lvm worked well but in squeeze
> the installation fails  with a syntax error (fai 3.4.7).
>
> This is my configuration file:

[...]
> vg              vgroup               disk1.2
>
> vgroup-root  /                       1500        ext3      defaults        -O
> dir_index,resize_inode
[...] (more similar config lines)

You want

vgroup-root  /                       1500        ext3      defaults        createopts="-O dir_index,resize_inode"

i.e., you need to change the options at the end to a quoted string prefixed with
createopts=; this was changed to support options for lvcreate etc. as well.
createopts will be used in the mkfs call.

While I'm at it I noticed that createopts is indeed documented in the man page,
while lvcreateopts is not. I'll fix that as soon as possible.

Hope this helps,