setup_storage error

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Feb 8 00:34:16 CET 2011

> On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 10:54 +0000, mamadou diop wrote:
>
> > Syntax error
>
> I would also like to point out that the frequently-occuring "Syntax
> error" message from setup-storage could be improved by at least
> indicating the line (and preferentially position) where the parser
> encountered the error. Any additional hints about the error (eg
> "expected integer, found string") would make things better yet!

I do sincerely hope that current experimental versions do much better in this
regard already. If there is any Parse::RecDescent guru out there, help would
still be much appreciated in this area. I have tried several configurations but
I'm still not really happy with the current status.

Thanks in advance,