Ubuntu natty: debootstrap doesn't install aptitude

Michael Goetze mgoetze at mgoetze.net
Mon Feb 7 19:46:10 CET 2011

Hi Stephan,

On 02/07/2011 05:41 PM, Stephan Adig wrote:
> We do a debootstrap of variant=minbase (imho) I don't find the default
> right now.
> For minbase there was a patch for debian SID which explicitly stated
> "apt" as base package.

we normally debootstrap with variant "-", so in the squeeze script we get

         if doing_variant - || doing_variant fakechroot; then
                 #required="$required $(get_debs Priority: important)"
                 #  ^^ should be getting debconf here somehow maybe
                 base="$(get_debs Priority: important)"

and, at least with the version of debootstrap in squeeze, the same
happens for natty. And indeed, aptitude has priority optional in natty.

Regards,