trying to use $classes instead of --class per fai(8)

andrew bezella abezella at archive.org
Thu Dec 15 18:35:23 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 10:33 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:

> export classes="CLASS1 CLASS2"
> fai --verbose ........
>

> I guess the man page is a bit confusing. If you spcify --class you
> must add the comma separated list of classes. If you do not specify
> --class, then the variable $classes is used.

that was my second guess, but resulted in "Please use -c or -N. Aborted"
however a second, closer look at the script (oops) shows that that is
only an error for a dirinstall.  so presumably it would have worked as
expected for any other action.

thanks for the feedback and clarification!

andy

--
andrew bezella <abezella at archive.org>
Internet Archive