"clone" an example client?

Steffen Grunewald Steffen.Grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu Dec 8 09:19:21 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 05:15:15PM +0100, Frank Lienhard wrote:
> I have an i386 client, which I installed manually and I'm now
> wondering how to setup future clients "identical" to that with FAI
>
> at least to have the package selection transfered to the FAI config
> would save a lot of work, I think

Use debtree to identify the "leaf packages" so you don't have to put
all and everything into the package list.

Identify the files (supposedly mainly in /etc) which have been modified
during or after installation, and convert them into a fcopy-able tree.

Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * --------------------------------- * http://www.aei.mpg.de/
* e-mail: steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de * +49-331-567-{fon:7274,fax:7298}