Ubuntu natty setup-storage questions

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Aug 23 11:24:39 CEST 2011

> b) I'm currently using two classes NO_SCRATCH (for a standard partition
> layout that all of the FAI clients are using) and SCRATCH (to preserve a
> possibly existing /scratch partition that I created by hand earlier on
> some of the FAI clients, but not on all of them).
>
>    b 1) How could theses classes NO_SCRATCH and SCRATCH be merged in one
>         single class? Is it possible at all?

What is your goal?

a) Do you manually decide which class applies for each host and want to
automate/simplify the decision process?

b) Do you want to clean up/consolidate your config space and want to
handle /scratch as a special case of NO_SCRATCH?

The answers would be different. a) would hint at some decision logic in
class/ which automatically announces the correct class. b) would require
either modifying your layout-files on the fly or change the way
disk_config works.

Everything's possible. We just need to find the right hammer for your
nail. ;)