FAI workshop at Linuxhotel

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 2 17:55:41 CEST 2011

Hi all,

the next FAI workshop will be held from Friday 21 October to Sunday 23
October 2011 at the Linuxhotel in Essen, Germany.

This year, we will focus on preparing the 4.0 release. The necessary
work focusses on testing, updating documentation, fixing bugs, and
getting the Ubuntu package in a better shape. Everybody is welcome to
help with these tasks!

Given that this meeting will mostly be about improving the quality of
the existing code base and preparation of a release, we would prefer
to postpone work on new features or graphical front ends to a later
meeting. As always, there will be ample time for informal discussions.

If you would like to participate, please do not hesitate to send an email to
fai at fai-project.org.

We will try to get some sponsors for covering the costs of Linuxhotel
and possibly also for money for travel sponsorship. At this point,
however, none of this should be taken for granted.

Best regards,
   Thomas, in behalf of the FAI team