/dev/md1 is already in use. SW raid

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Apr 16 01:32:28 CEST 2011

Hi David,

> Thank you Michael,
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or missing the obvious?  fai subroutines did not like what I did.
>

> Kernel parameters: initrd=initrd.img-2.6.32-5-686-bigmem libata.force=noncq ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=/app/fai/nfsroot boot=live FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt FAI_ACTION=install SERVER=mg006 hostname=c-fs1qa.qa01.groupee-inc.net BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-686-bigmem
> /usr/lib/fai/subroutines: line 683: libata.force=noncq: command not found
> /usr/lib/fai/subroutines: line 684: export: `libata.force': not a valid identifier
>
> Below is my pxelinux conf file, which is where I assumed that the parameter needed to be inserted. Was this an incorrect assumption on my part?

[...]

Well, everything should be (more or less) fine here, as long as the kernel
actually makes use of this. The error messages are simply an oddity of the
attempt to export variables here, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=607285. But this shouldn't
pose any problems to its use in the kernel, hence all we need to know is whether
your problems with setup-storage and/or the ATA modules got resolved in this
way.

Hope this helps,