not booting from disk

Alexander Swen alex at swen.nu
Thu Apr 7 21:17:32 CEST 2011

Hi Micheal, It is not that I was not happy with setup-storage, it was just that I wasn't aware that by setting "skip partition" or so, I disabled grubscripts as well. Reason to put al partitioning in here was that I wanted to have only one place to auto-findout what kind of server I am dealing with.

I think I will continue on the way I started, just because I already did this much work, and there is more fun in fixing it exactly the way I want. But it's good to know there is a good way out by re-enabling setup-storage.

So, where can I find more info on how to tell grub how to behave? or should I just start the partition slightly later (how much?)

kind regards and thanks for your answer!

Alex

Met vriendelijke groet,
Alexander Swen