setup-storage and preserving partitions

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Thu Sep 30 13:45:00 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 13:01 +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

> Well well ... as I read your email it was immediately clear to me where I made
> this mistake. I just hope it was the only one concering this issue.
>
> Would you mind giving 4.0~beta2+experimental20 another try?

Please have a look at the attached log. I have some doubts.

The first thing that is suspicious is the
Cannot satisfy pre-depends for mkfs.ext3 -c -j /dev/hda6: exist_/dev/hda6 -- system left untouched.

(/dev/hda6 is, and would become again, the root filesystem. The system
has Debian installed from previous tests and the filesystem is well
usable as far as I can tell.)

Either because of the above, or for some other reason, no mkfs commands
(or any other commands) appear to be queued. It also seems strange to me
that it tries to queue all the mkfs commands twice.

Toomas