How safely partition disks in a multipath environment? (setup-storage)

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 28 12:20:07 CEST 2010

    > Maybe we could add a list of available tasks (and therefore deducted
    > hook names) to chapter 7.11, so people with a hard time reading
Here's the list.

List of FAI tasks

This is a list of tasks and hooks executed during a normal
installation via network.

confdir			# get config space
setup			# early part of initialization
defclass		# define classes
defvar			# define variables
action			# evaluate FAI_ACTION
install			# Do the initial installation
partition		# partition the harddisks, create file systems
mountdisks		# mount the file systems
extrbase		# extract the minimal base.tgz
mirror			# get a Debian mirror via NFS
debconf			# do Debian preseeding
prepareapt		# preapre some apt-related files in target directory
updatebase		# Debian specific
HOOK instsoft.FAIBASE	# fcopy kernel-img.conf
instsoft		# install software packages
configure		# call customization scripts
finish			# do some cleanup, show installation time
tests			# call tests if defined
chboot			# call fai-chboot on the install server
HOOK savelog.LAST	# grep for error messages in all log files
savelog			# save log file to local dir and remote
faiend			# reboot host, eject CD if needed

These are tasks, which are executed when a different action is performed

dirinstal 	       # install a chroot environment
softupdate	       # do a system configuration without the partitioning part