fai and cryptsetup

Patrick Schoenfeld patrick.schoenfeld at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 12:43:19 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 01:00:46AM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> If you figure out how to make things work, please share your insights. Maybe we
> can add some code to FAI to make it work out-of-the-box.

as promised, here are some remarks.
First the good news: With the addition of the passphrase support there
is nothing left which needs to be done on FAI side. I'll write a howto
for my blog how to do such an installation, which could be linked in
the FAI wiki.

However, it really should work out of the box with the new feature,
except that the person creating the FAI configuration has to consider
some requirements:

- cryptoroot initrd support in Debian Lenny requires busybox
- initramfs-tools are required (initrd-tools wouldn't work)

Best Regards,
Patrick