user 'demo' is not in the sudoers file

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Sep 22 13:39:35 CEST 2010

> Hello, i have successfully connected to my new system installed with FAI
> with 'login:demo, password:fai' but
> i cannot connect to it as root. if i do 'sudo -i' and put the password
> 'fai', the system displays:
>
> demo is not in the sudoers file.   This incident will be reported.

FAI's motto is: "Plan your installation, and FAI installs your plan." Unless you
planned to have sudo working this way, it's not going to do this. You might,
however, try "su" instead of sudo.

Hope this helps,
Michael

PS.: It might be useful if you told us about your plans so we can better help
you out and might also be able to adjust the level of details of answers to your
level of experience with Linux and FAI.