setup-storage and encrypted LVM

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Sep 18 00:44:18 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

[...]

> after quite some time I have to come back to this again. Indeed this
> seems to work halfway through, but not quite right yet. I have attached
> fai.log up to the point where it fails. Apparently setup-storage is
> creating an unencrypted LVM and filesystems on it first and then creates
> the crypt'ed volume; instead of the other way round. Can you have a look
> at this?

Now it's me coming back after quite a bit of time has passed; could you please
retry whether this problem still occurs with one of the 4.0~beta versions, e.g.,
4.0~beta2+experimental7? I think I've resolved some dependency errors in those
versions, but I'm not sure whether yours is fixed as well. If it does still
break, could you please provide a log with debug=1 being exported?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the huge delay,