cannot stat /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/part_msdos.mod

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Sep 17 18:47:52 CEST 2010

> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 18:23 +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>
> > I guess this should be fixed with 4.0~beta2+experimental2: It seems that the
> > GRUB module is called msdospart, not part_msdos (in line 20 of 10-setup);
> > Toomas, could you please check whether having msdospart in this list of modules
> > is necessary at all!? We might be on the safer side if we could just omit it
> > entirely.
>
> Leaving workplace in a moment and thus cannot test, but my impression is
> that it is called msdospart in lenny and part_msdos in squeeze (at least
> the latter exists in squeeze, I am not sure about the former).

Hmm, looking at the package contents once again it rather seems that either (a)
both of them exist (lenny-backports, squeeze and laters) or (b) none of them
exist. This would make the we-don't-need-it-at-all solution even more desirable.
Toomas, is there a chance you look into this next week or so?

Thanks a lot,