task_partition & lvm ; FAI 4.0~beta2 exp36

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Oct 27 17:11:59 CEST 2010

> Le mercredi 27 octobre 2010 à 16:13 +0200, Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
> > Would you have debug logs available? I'd just like to understand
> > whether the LVM
> > was detected, which error message was shown, etc.
>
> Of, course here they are :)

Thanks a lot!

> > This problem isn't really unexpected, but I had hoped we had some
> > countermeasures in place already; apparently they are insufficient.
>
> I remember that we've already corrected problems with LVM but in the
> case MBR wasn't erased.

Yes, indeed. Essentially the old volume groups will only become visible once the
partitions are created. Most probably there is no way around an "ignore this
error." I am not quite fond of ignoring errors, but I don't see any other
option. I'll try to get this done by tomorrow. Could you meanwhile do another
test? Could you add 'pvcreateopts="-ff"' to your vg TEST ... config line?

Thanks a lot,