HP BL460c G6 - Any one got this working??

Mathieu Alorent malorent at echo.fr
Wed Oct 27 16:14:42 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 22 octobre 2010 à 14:15 +0200, Leen Smit a écrit :
> Hello All,
Hello,

> Just an update for future reference. The problem with the BL460C G6 had
> nothing to do with the firmware or the initrd.
> Installing the bnx2x firmware into the NFSROOT indeed should be sufficient.
>
> In our case udev was the culprit. We had the firmware installed and
> available, but still got messages that the firmware couldn't be found.
> Our guess is that the firmware wasn't yet loaded/found when the hardware
> was found, resulting in a non-booting system.
> In the end we had fixed the problem by trial and error changing the udev
> rules in such in a way that the firmware was actually loaded when it
> encountered the hardware.
[...]
> In the end we didn't use the grml kernel, since installing the
> firmware-bnx2x package is sufficient.

We've also had this problem. It has been solved by installing firmware
package in the nfsroot and using nfsroot-hooks when creating nfsroot to
tune initrd creation.
(See attached files)

Problem is a bit different on Ubuntu vs Debian.

Ubuntu doesn't copy firmwares files to initrd and fails to load
libcrc32c if crc32c is not loaded.

Debian doesn't load necessary files in time to permit the driver to load
firmware and fails to load libcrc32c if crc32c is not loaded.

Regards