FAI Stable release 3.4.4 available

andrew bezella abezella at archive.org
Mon Oct 18 16:27:26 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 16:05 +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to actually attach 10-setup, as I had promised. Here it is.

hello -

i've been spending some time with GRUB_PC/10-setup recently as well and
have a couple observations:

* according to grub-install(8), "INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device
name or a system device filename."  so i'm not sure that the logic to
translate $BOOT_DEVICE to "($grub_dev)" is necessary (in my testing it
seemed to not be req'd).

* in my builds with lucid, installing to an md appears to be broken (i
believe in karmic & maverick as well).  see LP #462171:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/462171

thank you!

andy

--