HP BL460c G6 - Any one got this working??

Leen Smit leen at service2media.com
Mon Oct 4 17:04:13 CEST 2010

  Hello All,

We just got a bunch of new blades in. Lucky for me they are a new
generation: G6.
I'm struggling to get these things installed, so I'm hoping some one
here has experience with these.

The problem lies with the bnx2x network cards, which is not in my
current FAI config.
I have tried lots of different options, and I keep running into a wall.

The default 2.6.28 kernel panics on the network card.
Back-ported version of that panics..
2.6.35 boots OK, but can't find the config space.
I tried using the grml option, but I can't even manage to get it to
create the nfsroot properly..
Tried installing debian manually in the idle hope I could create a
kernel from one node, that resulted in a not booting blade ("illegal
opcode" at boot)
The only thing I could install on these blades so far is Ubuntu Server.
Tried to install fai on it to use as a base. When booting through fai
with that kernel the boot just hangs (after USB devices).

Now these blades are not that new, so I'm guessing this must have done
before, right? Its just debian after all...

So if any one reading this has a BL460c and installed it with fai, can
you please reply and tell me how you did it with out sacrificing your
soul to some dark deity?? Please?

Leen