setup-storage + grub2

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon Nov 8 16:54:08 CET 2010

Hi Mathieu,

(I think this was the most recent on-list message.)

Thanks a lot for sending further logs that ...

[...]

> On _some_ machines, on the first install we get sector 32 and
> reinstalling identically, we got sector 64.

[...]

... show this kind of behavior. I have commited a patch to experimental, which
is included in 4.0~beta2+experimental39. Could you update your lab hosts and see
whether the change breaks any standard installations? And then continue to watch
whether the problem appears again or is (hopefully!) solved?

Thanks a lot,