FAI debconf setting for portmap loopback interface binding doesn't work

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue May 25 00:37:17 CEST 2010

* Jens Abromeit <jens at abromeit.info> [Mon May 24, 2010 at 11:10:36PM +0200]:

> The installed Lenny Client should run the portmapper only bound on the
> localhost interface, resulting in a /etc/default/portmap with this uncommented line:
> OPTIONS="-i 127.0.0.1"

[ <snip> - portmap's loopback debconf entry results in wrong value ]

> doesn't have a reversed result. The setting stays at "false"

> As far as I can see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=317358
> describes this behaviour. But I didn't see at the moment, where the debconf setting is
> returnd to "false" (see /var/lib/dpkg/info/portmap.postinst).

I just took a closer look at the issue (as you'll notice I was
amongst the bugreporters already), find the details at

Workaround for you: either just write a simple script in your FAI
config space (like /srv/fai/config/scripts/FAIBASE/42-fix-portmap)
which adjusts /etc/default/portmap according to your needs or deploy
that file through FAI's fcopy or as part of a config management tool
like puppet.

HTH && regards,
-mika-
--