FAI 3.3.3 + Ubuntu Lucid

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Thu Mar 18 21:08:29 CET 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm porting the last changes from Waldemar and others to a new FAI
Package for Ubuntu Lucid (which will be 10.04 LTS).

Looks like, that the server stuff (pxe dhcp etc.) is all working...so
no worries here.

Now, Using an Ubuntu Lucid Kernel, (generic flavour) the boot up
process stops at something around the lines:

Console: switching to colour framebuffer device 80x30

I tried to disable it via modeset but failed here..

Does anyone has an idea, what could that be and how someone can
workaround it?

Waldemar, did you have any success using a lucid boot kernel for your
install client?

I'm trying here with VMWare machines to test the package, so we can
push it to the wild.

Regards,

\sh

--
| Stephan '\sh' Hermann    | OSS Dev / SysAdmin         |
| JID: sh at linux-server.org | http://www.sourcecode.de/  |