FAI + hylafax + faisetup

Darshaka Pathirana dpat at syn-net.org
Thu Mar 4 11:12:10 CET 2010

On 03/01/2010 08:01 PM, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

>> Did somebody install hylafax with FAI?
>>
>> Base-Installation works fine but I still was not able to find a
>> switch to disable the faxsetup-prompts?
>>
>> So does anyone have a working solution?
>>
>> Any help would be very nice!
>>

> I haven't used hylafax in a while, but just looked at the postinst (see
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/hylafax-server.postinst on your system): It seems that you
> need to do a manual setup once and then have FAI copy /etc/hylafax/setup.cache.

Doh! Silly me! Thanks for the hint!

Actually setup.cache and setup.modem is not needed. I just created a
instsoft-hook (instsoft.HYLAFAX), the corresponding config.tty[..]
(in files/etc/hylafax/config.tty[..]/HYLAFAX) file and did a

 fcopy -v /etc/hylafax/config.tty[..]

Seems to work (but need to test it further).

Thx && HAND
 - Darsha