Setting ROOTPW not properly documented in fai-guide?

Henning Sprang henning.sprang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:17:52 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Thomas Lange
<lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>    > The question is why using mkpasswd is not documented in the fai-guide,
>    > and if/how the things documented in the fai-guide (it says only "use
>    > crypt/md5") can be made to work.
> mkpasswd IS documented in the fai guide in chapter

In the section 7.6 is a paragraph extra for "ROOTPW" and there nothing
like that is mentioned. There is only mentioned crypt and md5 but no
clear solution how the ROOTPW variable (in the simple examples) can be
changed to something different that works.

I found it out, but it took a long time.

Henning