FAI ainsl exit code, softupdate, scripts/FAIBASE/10-misc

Rob rclemley at booksys.com
Wed Jun 2 03:03:00 CEST 2010

  On 06/01/2010 10:09 AM, Thomas Lange wrote:
>      >  This is because ainsl returns an error (1) if the line is already in the
>      >       exit 1 if $found; # nothing to append
> I've changed this to 0 in the svn trunk. Thanks for the hint.
Nice.  In the days since my post, I thought of the alternative to add an
extra option, (similar to some on fcopy) that would cause ainsl to
return non-zero only if the line could not be verified in the target
file.  But I think your fix is better for the long term of FAI, even
though some config space changes might be required in the short term.

>     >  The return values of ainsl are not documented on the ainsl manpage.
> Feel free to send a patch for the man page. I will apply it
> immediately.
Patch attached.  This patch is for the newly modified ainsl(1) command
which returns 0 if the LINE/PATTERN was found in the file (revision 5797).

Thanks.

--
Rob