FAI and yaml [Work in progress]

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Tue Jul 20 11:03:57 CEST 2010

Moins,

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 10:41 +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Such a templating system would make sense for FAI...if we could now find
>     > a templating system which is "language neutral"...
> What do you mean by "language neutral"?
> Yaml is better than json, because json is only a subset of yaml. Every
> json document is also a valid yaml document. And there are yaml
> bindings for almost every programming language.

Most templating engines are not language neutral (I don't mean json or
yaml...that's configuration).

Ruby Templates, lots and lots of Perl templating engines, and as well
pythonic templating engines.

I wonder if there is at least one templating engine, which is easy to
write, and as well easy to code with (libs for all lanaguages)

Regards,

\sh