setup-storage without partitions

Jordi Funollet jordi.f at ati.es
Fri Jul 16 12:53:27 CEST 2010

On Friday 16 July 2010 10:01:46 Mathieu Alorent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do you have a way in your KVM setup to map your LVM-partX to /dev/vda1
> (instead of /dev/vda) ?

Nope. The KVM host can assign disks, partitions, LV's... anything. But
everything is attached to the KVM guest as a device looking like a physical
disk.

But thanks for trying to find a workaround. :-) I'm considering partitioning
the disks; I lose a bit of simplicity when a disk must be grown or fsck'd from
the host, but then I can use 'setup-storage'.

Anyways, this looks to me like a reasonable use case. Where should I suggest a
new feature? Here? On the 'linux-fai-devel' mailing list? On the bugtracker?