partitioning bug?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 6 13:39:48 CEST 2010

    > As I would think of the setup-storage program, it should exit with an error on 100% if it is not possible to create such a partition, because there are already others or what ever. "0-" instead would run through, even there is not 100% of the disk size available.

    > In my opinion the implementation you use should be considered a bug since it is not what a user expects and additionally seems to brake under certain conditions (like mine).

IMO this is only a minor bug. If you specify 99%- and no other
partition, then setup-storage will put the whole disk size into
this partition. People know, that you cannot use 100% of a disk,
since there's always some overhead. Even the MBR is sort of
overhead. You will also not get 100% inside your file system.

@Michael: I think it should be ok, to document that people should use
99%- instead of 100%.