GRUB_PC (simple example): still doesn't work [[[ it doesn now! ]]]

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Fri Jul 2 08:06:26 CEST 2010

Heyho!

[ GRUB in FAI "simple example" didn't work ]

Just for the record: as I suspected, just ignoring the problem (by using
LILO for the time being) has taken care of the problem.  Current squeeze
works fine with with GRUB_PC

(as discussed on IRC: with the really small issue that I have to generate
the initrd in the nfsroot manually, this doesn't happen from make-fai-
nfsroot.  Current fai from the fai repo, beta4exp4 or something like that,
I'm not on site anymore so can't check.  I was using the 2.6.32-5-686 kernel
in installation and fai installed the 2.6.34-1-686 kernel, both unmodified
from Debian.)

cheers
-- vbi

--