FAI & cfengine

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Sat Jan 16 12:11:23 CET 2010

hiya

> I'm thinking of moving the FAI files to a "normal" heirarchy within the
> cfengine space. So my canonical nntp config file would be in
> /var/lib/cfengine2/clientfiles/etc/ntp.conf. And within the FAI space,
> there'd be a symlink from /srv/fai/config/files/etc/ntp.conf/MYCLASS to
> the "real" file.

Which makes you unable to install new clients if using netinstall?

/srv/fai/config gets exported via NFS to the clients. Any symlink will
point to a -local- file in /var/lib/cfengine2/clientfiles on the client.
Hardlinks might work, but that requires /srv and /var being in the same
filesystem.

tschüß
thomas