setup-storage percent of free space

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Jan 13 20:52:32 CET 2010

> Hi,
>
> We would like to have a partitioning scheme that will divide the FREE
> SPACE into 2 partitions of 80% and 20%.
>
> I've wrote my class like this, but 80% and 20% are interpreted as % of
> disk and not % of free space.
>
> Is there a way to do this ?
>
> Regards

> disk_config disk1 bootable:1
> primary /boot           100     ext3    rw
> primary swap            1G      swap    sw
> primary /               1G      ext3    rw,errors=remount-ro
> logical /usr            3G      ext3    rw
> logical /var            5G      ext3    rw
> logical /home           512     ext3    rw
> logical /tmp            1G      ext3    rw
> logical -               4G-     -       -
>
> disk_config lvm
> vg HEBEX                disk1.9
> HEBEX-VAR_LOG_CLEANING_CENTER           /var/log/cleaning_center                40G     ext3    rw,noatimerw,noatime
> HEBEX-EXEC                              /exec                                   5G      ext3    rw
> HEBEX-SPACE_80            	        /SPACE_80                               80%     ext3    rw
> HEBEX-SPACE_20                     	/SPACE_20                               20%     ext3    rw

Unless there is some bug in the implementation (I think that feature is seldomly
used), using "-80%" and "-20%" should do the trick. That is,

HEBEX-SPACE_80            	        /SPACE_80                               -80%     ext3    rw
HEBEX-SPACE_20                     	/SPACE_20                               -20%     ext3    rw

It means "use at most 80% (20%) of disk space", and remaining space should get
distributed proportionally.

Maybe you could report back success or failure :-)

Best,