New packages in FAI repository

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jan 11 14:28:44 CET 2010

Hi all,

I've added three packages to my FAI repository

   deb http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download lenny koeln

It includes a newer version of live-initramfs, which can better handle
booting machines with multiple network devices. The two options
ethdevice= and ethdevice-timeout= were added. A more detailed
description of these features is available at
http://grml.supersized.org/archives/337-More-robust-network-booting.html

I also addeed two packages including a 2.6.31 and its aufs-modules
package. If you replace the line in /etc/fai/NFSROOT containing
linux-image-486 aufs-modules-2.6-486
with
linux-image-2.6.31-grml aufs-modules-2.6.31-grml

you will get the kernel 2.6.31 inside the nfsroot.
I think these packages are very useful for newer hardware and for
setups using multiple network cards.

Thanks to the grml team for these packages.