Current status of multi-homes machines

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Dec 13 23:21:05 CET 2010

* Stephan Hermann <sh at sourcecode.de> [Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 03:37:23PM +0100]:
> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 10:13 +0100, Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 December 2010 12:27:15 Stephan Hermann wrote:

> > > No Sorry...it's IPAPPEND 2
> > > But this works here...with the changes on initramfs-live

> > No, Tried it with IPAPPEND 2 as well as IPAPPEND 3 with a standard squeeze
> > NFSroot and FAI 3.4.5 as well as with grml's patched live-initramfs...

> > I'll probably start from scratch in case I changed something without
> > remembering.

> please check the following in your NFSROOT:

> 1. /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live
[...]

Carsten, the Grml team is working on the migration from
live-initramfs to live-boot which involves several fixes WRT
networking in the according code (big cudos to Grml developer
Christian Hofstaedtler for his work).

Could you please give live-boot >=2.0.12-1+grml.02 a shot?
http://deb.grml.org/pool/main/l/live-boot/live-initramfs_2.0.12-1%2bgrml.02_all.deb

It should work together with Debian's initramfs-tools >=0.95 WRT to
the BOOTIF/IPAPPEND feature.

If there are any open issues with it we'd be glad to address them,
if it works for you as intended I'd make sure Debian's live-boot
version gets our patches included so they hopefully make it into
squeeze and all users can benefit from it.

regards,
-mika-
--
http://michael-prokop.at/  || http://adminzen.org/