creating a chroot or virtualization environment

mamadou diop diopmodou8 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 19:28:33 CET 2010

Hi Michael,

I have set in /etc/fai/fai.conf FAI_CONFIG_SRC to
nfs://10.10.1.200$FAI_CONFIGDIR
and created
the directories /var/lib/fai/config/ and there are some evolutions. Here's
the output:

root at faiserver:/# fai -c FAIBASE DHCPC DEMO -v -u faichroot dirinstall
/test-chroot/

                   Fully Automatic Installation  -  FAI

               FAI 3.2.4+svn4837-0ubuntu2, 01 Apr 2008  Copyright (c)
1999-2007

               Thomas Lange  <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>

Using configuration files from /etc/fai

Calling task_confdir

FAI_FLAGS:

mount.nfs: /var/lib/fai/config is busy or already mounted

ln: création d'un lien symbolique `/var/run/fai/current_config': Aucun
fichier ou dossier de ce type

No monitor daemon defined.

Calling task_setup

FAI_FLAGS:

Calling task_defclass

List of all classes:  FAIBASE

Calling task_defvar

Executing FAIBASE.var

++ FAI_ALLOW_UNSIGNED=1

++ CONSOLEFONT=

++ UTC=yes

++ TIMEZONE=Europe/Berlin

++ ROOTPW='$1$kBnWcO.E$djxB128U7dMkrltJHPf6d1'

++ MODULESLIST='usbkbd ehci-hcd ohci-hcd uhci-hcd usbhid psmouse'

++ STOP_ON_ERROR=700

Calling task_action

FAI_ACTION: DHCPC

ERROR: User defined action /var/lib/fai/config/hooks/DHCPC not found.

End of /usr/sbin/fai