Updated FAI 3.3.5 packages for Ubuntu Lucid

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Aug 17 12:36:31 CEST 2010

* Juergen Kahnert <Juergen.Kahnert at DESY.de> [Mon Aug 16, 2010 at 06:37:55AM +0200]:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 05:23:40PM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> > Please check out #552554 - this might fix your problem.

> we don't have the problem that ipconfig never time out.  It will time
> out but without configured network interfaces, which causes a kernel
> panic because of the missing NFSROOT.

> Whatever, ipconfig is crap and needs to be fixed.

Sure. But just complaining doesn't help anyone.

If neither
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=36;filename=0001-ipconfig-fix-infinite-loop.patch;att=1;bug=552554
nor
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=41;filename=0001-ipconfig-differentiate-between-error-and-non-DHCP-B.patch;att=1;bug=552554
address your issue (both from #552554) you should consider reporting
your problem at least against klibc-utils with as much details as
available so someone can reproduce and work on the issue.

regards,
-mika-