bad udp checksums

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Aug 16 19:46:32 CEST 2010

Hi,
not sure it's a FAI-related problem (seems to me rather connected with
DHCP), but I've never encountered this without FAI...

I'm trying to bootstrap a demo client in VirtualBox (Bridged Networking)
with FAI (3.3.5ubuntu3 from the Ubuntu PPA). It gets the TFTP image and
boots up just fine, until at one point the following error message appears:

<snip>
[    9.251728] eth0: link up
IP-Config: eth0 hardware address 08:00:27:10:f9:213 mtu 1500 DHCP RARP
</snip>

On the server side of things the following is logged:

<snip>
Aug 16 19:41:54 cray dhcpd: 5 bad udp checksums in 5 packets
</snip>

I've already tried different NICs in the VirtualBox guest, but no avail.
Google doesn't reveal anything helpful. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Robert